Lovett Dental Upper Kirby is a family dentistry practice proudly serving the smiles of patients of all ages, from small children to seniors. But what does “family dentistry” actually mean? What services does a family dental practice provide? And how exactly do we go about meeting the needs of every patient who walks through the doors of Lovett Dental Upper Kirby?
What Is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry is a practice where dentists see patients of all ages. All members of the family are welcome to receive family dentistry services.
Why does this matter? Different types of dental concerns tend to arise at different stages of life. Young children might have new teeth coming in. Teenagers have wisdom teeth emerging and dental alignment to worry about. Adults have cavities and root canals. Seniors may worry about gum disease, implants, and even dentures. And in the meantime, everyone needs routine hygiene and maintenance.
A family dentist is familiar with all of these concerns and the best ways to treat them. But Lovett Dental Upper Kirby doesn’t just practice general family dentistry, overseeing these concerns. We can also provide all of the specialty dental services your family needs, using our multidisciplinary approach to dental care.
Benefits of Family Dentistry Services
Taking your entire family to a single dentist’s office can be significantly beneficial for everyone involved. It can help the dentist understand the patients’ backgrounds and makes life easier for the parents. Additional advantages of our family dental services include:
- Easy tracking of your family’s dental health: With a family dental practice, your family’s dental records rest in the safety of our practice. As a result, we can easily retrieve your dental records if you need any additional services or your family moves away.
- Recognizing problems that your children may have inherited: The genetics of yourself and your partner can significantly impact your child’s dental health. Because we work with the entire family, we can recognize the parent’s dental health and detect whether your child has inherited any of them.
- Family dental services are more convenient: When your entire family visits the same dentist, this allows you to make appointments all on the same day. You don’t have to drive across town to two or three different dentist’s offices to get your entire family to the dentist. You can get all of your dental treatments done under one roof.
To learn more about the benefits of our family dentistry services, please reach out to Lovett Dental Upper Kirby.
What Is Multidisciplinary Dentistry?
Multidisciplinary family dentistry puts all dental specialty services at your fingertips. In this way, your family can receive all the dental care they need at one location. Being united under one practice means that you know exactly what to expect from our dentists and specialists. It also makes it easier to book appointments, communicate, and even have your family work with the same providers over time. At Lovett Dental Upper Kirby, we build relationships with all of our patients and their families, so you can trust the care your entire family is received.
We offer six forms of specialty care across all ages:
- Pediatric dentist: These dentists are particularly specialized in dealing with youth’s teeth and gums from infancy through teenage years. This also will likely be the provider who refers your children, if necessary, to get braces or other alignment solutions.
- Orthodontist: These specialists are focused on dental alignment and making sure that patients have healthy bite patterns. Both of these are major contributors to long-term tooth, gum, and jaw health.
- Periodontist: These providers are specialized in dealing with oral inflammation, including plaque build-up on the gums. These are also the providers to see if you are interested in dental implants.
- Maxillofacial surgeons: These specialists can perform surgery to address problems in the head, neck, and jaw. They often work in emergencies such as accidents or injuries and often perform reconstructive or facial trauma surgery.
- Endodontist: This provider offers treatment for dental injuries or root canals.
- Cosmetic dentist: While a general dentist makes sure teeth are healthy, a cosmetic dentist optimizes their appearance. Cosmetic dentists often focus on tooth whitening and correcting visual imperfections.
If you’re wondering whether we can help your family maintain their dental health, contact Lovett Dental Upper Kirby today.
Reach Out to Lovett Dental Upper Kirby Today
Having a one-stop-shop makes it extremely easy for your family to receive the care they need. Scheduling is easier, as is a collaboration between general dentists and specialists. Seamless communication between dentists and specialists is easy because we all work in the same location. It’s also easier for you to get answers to any questions you may have since all of your providers are on the same team at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby. Because we get to know your family, we can better serve your concerns and schedules.