Getting dental braces is important for those struggling with teeth issues. Whether it’s crowded teeth, crooked teeth, an overbite, or some other problem, you will feel much better once you have your teeth straightened out. When you reach out to Lovett Dental Upper Kirby, you can begin the process of securing dental braces.
No matter how your smile looks now, you deserve a smile that you can be proud to show off. We want to help you attain that smile. Learn more about our specialty dental services at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby today by calling our team at 713-490-8888.
Do I Need Dental Braces?
You may wonder if you or your child are in need of braces. Take a look at some of the reasons people need to get braces and see if you fit in any of these categories:
- Crooked teeth: Crooked teeth are one reason people opt to get braces. Teeth may come in crooked for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the mouth is too small for the teeth, and overcrowding causes the teeth to become crooked. Other times, an adult tooth may come in before a baby tooth is out, forcing the adult tooth out of place.
- Overbites: Overbites are another issue resulting in a need for braces. The shape of your jaw or mouth causes this to happen. If you or your child has a smaller jawline, then teeth may come in closer together, resulting in crowding, overbites, and crooked teeth.
- Genetics: Some issues with crooked teeth are a result of genetics. A child may just be born with teeth that are more prone to coming in a bit crooked.
Whatever the reason for your teeth coming in crooked, it is uncomfortable and may cause other problems later in life. Getting dental braces is the first step in correcting the issue. Ask your dentist about orthodontic services during your routine teeth cleaning service at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby.
Types of Dental Braces
You can begin the process of getting dental braces by speaking to the experts at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby. They will schedule a consultation for orthodontic services to assess your current mouth and tooth situation.
Next, the dentist will discuss the treatment options and which braces would work best for you. Some choices for you include:
- Standard metal braces: These braces consist of stainless steel. They are very sturdy and are what you are probably familiar with seeing.
- Ceramic clear braces: These are also strong, solid braces but made out of tooth-colored ceramic instead of stainless steel. People concerned with their appearance or will be in many pictures may be interested in these types of braces.
- Clear plastic aligners: These braces are clear, lightweight, plastic-like trays. Patients wear them for a certain amount of time and make dental appointments only for minor adjustments. These types of braces gradually move the teeth over little by little.
The best way to determine what type of braces you require is to talk to one of our experts. We can give you direction in this process and ensure that it goes smoothly.
Getting Started with Dental Braces
Once you and your dental provider decide which dental braces are best for you, your first appointment begins the process. Your teeth will be prepared for braces, and then the dentist will install them. The entire process may take about one to two hours.
Once your braces are in place, you will have to come back for periodic check-ups and adjustments. Generally, you’ll have them on for about one to two years. You may also require services such as:
- Fluoride treatments
- Fillings and sealants
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Dental cleanings
- Dental exams
To determine what level of care your teeth need, feel free to reach out to Lovett Dental Upper Kirby today.
Learn More About Dental Braces at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby
Welcome to Lovett Dental Upper Kirby, where our expert dental staff is equipped to handle your oral health issues. We understand the importance of straight teeth and commit ourselves to provide a comfortable experience for you.
We’ve successfully helped many people through the process. Our dental team is ready to provide you with care today. In addition to dental braces, we offer a variety of other services, including:
- Emergency dental services
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental veneers
- Dental implant services
- Pediatric dentistry
Don’t let problems with crooked teeth hinder your happy smile. Contact Lovett Dental Upper Kirby to get dental braces. We are ready to make your experience a pleasant one with our professional and compassionate staff. Call us at 713-490-8888, or contact us online to schedule your assessment.