Some of the more common dental options are crowns and bridges. Both dental crowns and dental bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. They are not removable devices because they are cemented on the existing teeth or implants, which means that you cannot take them out and clean them. Lovett Dental upper Kirby can guide you through the process of learning more about dental crowns and bridges. Then you can call us at 832.780.4979 to schedule a consultation to see if they might be right for you.
What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown is an application set over a broken, chipped, or worn tooth to protect it and restore it to its original appearance. There is no need for dental implantation or tooth removal. The crown’s purpose is to strengthen the tooth and prevent decay. Usually, it takes two dental visits to get a dental crown. Most dental crowns last from 10 to 15 years, meaning that you will have to get them replaced at some point. There are several crowns, but the most popular is porcelain (tooth-colored) because they are durable and last for a long time. This type of crown is made to match the size, shape, and color of natural teeth.
When Do You Need A Dental Crown?
There are several reasons why you need to get a dental crown. For instance, you may need:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold the parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To restore a tooth is worn down severely or already broken.
- To cover a discolored or misshapen tooth.
- To help to hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To support and cover a tooth with a large filling when there are not many teeth left.
- To make a cosmetic modification.
Children also may need crowns, and here is the list of reasons why:
- To protect a child’s teeth when there is a risk for decay, especially if a child experiences difficulty keeping up with oral hygiene.
- Save a tooth that has been severely damaged by decay and cannot support a filling anymore.
- To cover a chipped or broken tooth.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a replacement option for those patients who have experienced jawbone loss or trauma. It is a fixed appliance placed in the mouth that helps to replace one or more missing teeth. It is a short, less invasive, and less painful procedure, making it perfect for people with dental anxiety. Moreover, a dental bridge is also cheaper than most other options.
Reasons to Get a Dental Bridge
If you have missing teeth, the team at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby may recommend you get a dental bridge. Here is a list of reasons why dental bridges may be a perfect option for you:
- Restore your smile to improve your quality of life and feel more confident
- Chew without pain and enjoy your food
- Improve your speech, especially if your front teeth are missing
- Prevent further tooth loss. Our teeth are held in place by nearby teeth. If you lost one or a few teeth and there is no support for the nearby tooth, there is a risk that you will lose them too.
Get a Dental Crown or Dental Bridges at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby
If your teeth have been damaged or lost by decay, chipped, or broken, dental crowns or bridges will help you improve the functionality of your smile and regain your dental appearance. Our experienced and highly-qualified cosmetic dentists will be glad to help and provide porcelain crowns and bridges to restore your smile.
Our dentists also specialize in:
- Teeth cleaning
- Family dentistry
- Fluoride treatments
- Tooth extractions
- Pediatric dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Root canals
Let Lovett Dental Upper Kirby help you with your cosmetic dental needs. Do not hesitate to give us a call at 832.780.4979, or contact us online and schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.