Choosing the right pediatric dental office for your son or daughter is a big deal. Many people want to ensure they select a provider that’s friendly and provides exceptional care to children. It is also essential to choose a location that offers the services you need in one place. When seeking out pediatric dentistry in Houston, Texas, we welcome you to come into Lovett Dental Upper Kirby to learn more about our service and team. For more information, contact our team today at 713-490-8888.
Look for a Specialized Pediatric Dental Office
When you choose a pediatric dentist, you are working with a professional who has specialized training, skills, and experience working with children. That’s an essential requirement for many families. There are several key reasons to seek out pediatric dentistry:
- We use equipment, tools, and all services that that are designed for children. That means children can have the tools and resources they need. They do not have to adapt to adult-sized equipment, for example.
- This type of dentist will have specific training with children. Look for their specialized degree, which means they have learned how to work with children of all ages.
- Onsite services can meet more of your child’s needs. For example, they may focus on cavities and offer orthodontics since these are common needs for children.
- The staff should be friendly and upbeat. A positive atmosphere can reduce many of the child’s fears and frustrations, making every dental appointment a bit easier.
- The dentist should offer preventative dental services. These are services like fluoride treatments and dental sealants that help young children keep their teeth healthy longer.
Learn more about the benefits of pediatric dentistry by contacting Lovett Dental Upper Kirby.
Invest in a Pediatric Dental Office for Continuing Care
There’s no doubt you want a dentist that’s just right for children. However, some locations, like Lovett Dental Upper Kirby, also provide complete family services. That’s a good thing because it means the whole family can visit the same office for dental care. This can streamline the process of getting into an appointment. It can also ensure your child continues his or her dental care into adulthood, protecting their smile.
You may also want to choose a child dentist that can provide all of the services needed in one location, including:
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- General dental services, like teeth cleanings and exams
- Orthodontic services for braces
- Oral surgery access
- Wisdom tooth extraction
- Dental implants
When the location offers all of the services for child and adult needs onsite, the process of getting these types of dental care can be a bit easier. It also is just good to know your dentist will be there with you through any procedure necessary.
Scheduling a First Dental Visit for a Child
If you have not done so yet, schedule an appointment with a pediatric dental office for your child’s first appointment. During this appointment, he or she will have a full dental exam. X-rays are taken as a way to help determine the overall structure and health of the teeth and jawbone. This is also a good time for your child’s dentist to offer insight into proper cleaning of the teeth. They can help teach your child the best ways to protect their smile.
That first appointment can happen at the age of 1 or older. Sometimes there are reasons to come in soother. Our team can answer those questions for you when you give us a call.
Put Your Trust in Lovett Dental Upper Kirby
Make the right decision for your son or daughter. Call Lovett Dental Upper Kirby to schedule an appointment in our pediatric dental office. Our dedicated team of professionals will ensure your child receives friendly but comprehensive care. Learn more about our services when you call 713-490-8888 or reach out to us online now.