The loss of a tooth can be challenging for multiple reasons. It can impact chewing, speaking, and the way your smile looks. A tooth implant may be a solution for repairing this. This type of restorative dentistry allows your smile to be permanently improved. Dental implant services can help restore your smile, but it’s important to know what to expect. At Lovett Dental Upper Kirby, we’ll offer insight and guidance when you come in for an appointment. Please reach out to our team today at 713-490-8888 for more information about single tooth implants.
Is a Single Tooth Implant the Right Choice?
When a single tooth is lost, the use of an implant may be a good option. For example, if a person loses a tooth after an accident or due to decay, they may have a gap along their gum line where the tooth was. A dentist fits the implant into that space.
An implant is a tiny screw-like device that your doctor places into the jawbone just below the opening. From there, a fixture is added to the top and, finally, a crown. The crown is the only visible portion of the implant. It looks and functions just like a natural tooth.
There are several key things to know about this type of implant:
- It can replace a single lost tooth.
- Implants can support more than one tooth, usually up to three teeth.
- Dental implants can last for 20 or more years, depending on care and overall dental health.
- This is a surgical procedure that carries some risk. However, those risks are very low, and your dentist will ensure you are cleared for the procedure.
Not everyone qualifies for dental implant services. You must have a healthy enough mouth to support new bone growth.
Are Dental Implants the Best Solution?
When you have a missing tooth, there are several types of ways a dentist can fix it. The most common outside of implants is the use of a crown that is held into place by a bridge. The bridge supports the crown by anchoring it to the other teeth on either side of the mouth. This option can be effective but does not produce the strong, highly reliable results of an implant.
There are several dental implant options. Based on your dental health and overall needs, your dentist will recommend one or the other. It is always a good idea to consider both the cost and the long-term benefits of any product. This is a solution you’ll have for a long time. You’ll want to make sure it is the right one.
What Are the Benefits of a Single Tooth Implant?
A missing tooth can be a big deal depending on where its location in the mouth. It is always a good idea to invest in replacing that missing tooth as soon as possible. There are vital reasons to use a dental implant to do this:
- Reduce the risk of early decay and gum disease by filling in that gap.
- Improve the way your smile looks – you may want to smile again with your teeth in place.
- Reduce the risk of teeth crowding into the opening, which can create significant misalignments of the teeth.
- Improve biting and chewing ability with a strong, healthy tooth replacement.
- Count on this tooth lasting a long time. This can be up to several decades for many people.
To learn more about the benefits of this service, please contact Lovett Dental Upper Kirby today at 713-490-8888.
Expect Outstanding Care at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby
Making the decision to get a tooth implant starts with a consultation with our oral surgeons at Lovett Dental Upper Kirby. Our team is happy to welcome you to the practice and provide the best level of support for your dental health. In addition to our dental implant services, we offer services including: